Articles About the Band
- Liberty Lunch Reunion Brings Back Old Times at ABGB. Peter Blackstock. Austin 360, June 20, 2016.
- Translate Slowly: 30 Years On. Rob Caldwell. June, 2015.
- 25 of the Most Beautiful Austin Musicians of All Time. Michael Corcoran. Arts & Labor, March 9, 2015.
- 25 Greatest Austin Bands of All Time (Reivers are #16). Michael Corcoran. Arts & Labor, Jan. 6, 2015.
- Reivers, Wild Seeds at ABGB. Peter Blackstock. Austin American-Statesman, Jan. 2, 2015.
- Spindizzy Jangle: The Reivers’ “In Your Eyes”. PopMatters. Rob Caldwell, June 2, 2014.
- “Veronica Mars” Film Has Many Austin Music Moments. Peter Blackstock. Austin360.com, March 4, 2014
- The 25 Greatest Austin Bands of All Time. Michael Corcoran. AustinPost, Jan. 10, 2014.
- The Ten Texas Bands that Most Deserve to be Famous. Darryl Smyers. DC9 At Night: The Dallas Observer Music Blog, Dallas Observer, Oct. 10, 2013.
- Settler’s Fest Fans Fend Off Chill. Peter Mongillo. Austin American-Statesman, April 23, 2013.
- Icon Fetch Audio Interview with Kim Longacre. Show #185, March 29, 2013.
- Take Two: The Reivers Have a New Album – Just Don’t Call it a Comeback. Sarah Thurmond. Austin Monthly, March 2013.
- Scene Report: Grulkefest: A Celebration of Brent at ACL Live. Pete Mongillo. Austin 360.com, Sep. 9, 2012.
- A Closing Set That Still Reverberates. Michael Corcoran. Austin American Statesman, Sep. 1, 2012. [PDF file] [Note: Photos from the last night of the original Continental Club are here on the site.]
- The Badge Jackers and Boat People Escape From New York. Jeff Liles. Echoes and Reverberations blog, Dallas Observer, Jan. 16, 2009. (1986’s New Music Seminar in New York City which The Reivers performed at…or performed on…it was on a ferry boat…).
- Review: Alejandro Escovedo, Ian Mclagan, (the Reivers?) at Antone’s. John DeFore. Austin 360 website, Aug. 29, 2008.
- Can There Be a Worse Name Than the Reivers? Michael Corcoran. Austin 360 website, Aug. 28, 2008.
- Miked: Live Reviews – Reivers: Parish (Austin, TX) February 9-10, 2008. Peter Blackstock. No Depression, #75, May-June 2008.
- Review of Feb. 9 Reunion Show. David Menconi, No Depression website, March, 2008.
- Review of Reunion Shows. David Pyndus. Popmatters, Feb. 19, 2008.
- Texas Platters – Live Shot: The Reivers, Parish, Saturday, Feb. 9. Greg Beets. Austin Chronicle, Feb. 15, 2008.
- Dork Tower comic strip. John Kovalic. Feb. 13, 2008.
- The Reivers: A Class Reunion. David Menconi. On Music Blog, News Observer (Raleigh, NC), Feb. 12, 2008.
- Review: The Reivers at The Parish. V.M. Black. Austin 360 website, Feb. 11, 2008.
- Music Listings: The Reivers – Parish, Sunday 10. Greg Beets. Austin Chronicle, Feb. 8, 2008.
- Ghostly Images. Jay Janner. Austin American Statesman, Feb. 1, 2008. [Photos]
- Reivers, and the spirit of ’85. Michael Corcoran. Austin American Statesman, Feb. 1, 2008.
- Dork Tower comic strip. John Kovalic. Jan. 21, 2008. (notice the poster on the wall in the strip)
- “is it worth the admission…”. Peter Blackstock. Peter’s Postscripts Blog at No Depression magazine website, Jan. 15, 2008.
- That’s My Last Name – Kim Longacre of The Reivers, 1989. David Sadof. Blog Entry at Houston Chronicle Commons by former radio music director at KLOL and KTBZ, Jan. 1, 2008.
- Get Juiced For Reivers Reunion. Michael Corcoran. Blog Entry at Austin 360 by music journalist, Dec. 29, 2007.
- Off The Record: Music News. Austin Powell. Austin Chronicle, Nov. 30, 2007.
- Almost Famous: The Austin Texas Soundtrack Circa 1985. Kristin Gorski. Annabelle Magazine, Issue #12, 2006.
- John Croslin: From Austin to San Francisco and Back. Steve McAllister. Tape Op, Issue #32, Nov./Dec. 2002.
- Pop Beloved: Revisiting The Reivers. Michael Bertin. The Austin Chronicle, April 26, 2002.
- Special Occasion Reunion. Austin American-Statesman, April 11, 2002.
- Guadalcanal Diary / Zeitgeist- Liberty Lunch (Austin, TX) May 9, 1985. Peter Blackstock. No Depression, March-April, 2002.
- Golden Mustang Days Return (brief John Croslin interview). David Pyndus. Wild Leaves website, March 21, 2002. [This website doesn’t seem to exist anymore. If anybody has a copy of the article, let me know].
- Croslin the Line. The Austin Chronicle, June 22, 2001.
- The Austin Avalanche Of Rock & Roll! (about the 1985 MTV “I.R.S.’s The Cutting Edge” visit to Austin, which profiled Zeitgeist and other bands); Kate X. Messer. The Austin Chronicle, March 16, 2001.
- I Wanna 86 You Up. Ken Lieck. The Austin Chronicle, Dancing About Architecture column, February 9, 2001.
- I Wanna SXSW You Up. Ken Lieck. The Austin Chronicle, Dancing About Architecture column, February 2, 2001.
- T for Texas/ T for Tennessee. Sarah Vowell. Salon, March 15, 2000.
- In The Studio: Five Producers Who Have Helped Define Austin’s Music Scene (John Croslin is one of the producers profiled); Seth Sherwood. austin.citysearch.com website, 2000. [This article doesn’t seem to be on their site anymore. If anybody has a copy, let me know].
- Little Voice. Mark Athitakis. San Fransisco Weekly, October 6, 1999.
- Hootie and the Blowfish cover “Almost Home” Austin Chronicle, vol. 15, issue 23 Feb. 1996.
- John Croslin: outta the garage and into the tool shed. Ken Lieck. Austin Chronicle, vol. 15, issue 10 Nov. 1995.
- Late 1980’s Austin music scene. Michael Corcoran. Dallas Morning News, Nov. 1992(1).
- Adios Reivers, Stick People. Peter Blackstock. Pulse, late 1991 (exact date?)
- End of the Reivers noted in Dancing About Architecture column. Ken Lieck. Austin Chronicle, Oct. 10, 1991
- Thieves Like Them: The Reivers Steal Away to a Label That Understands Them. Robert Baird. Phoenix New Times, July 17, 1991.
- Theater Critic’s Choice: Reivers. Bill Wyman. Chicago Reader, June 20, 1991.
- Entry on Reivers from Trouser Press record guide. Kathy Haight, Ira Robbins, Harold DeMuir. 4th ed. 1991 p757(1).
- Dissonant Identities: The Rock n’ Roll Scene in Austin Texas. Barry Shank. 1991.
- Poetic Catharsis: The Reivers Overcome the Hype with Faulkner- Tinged Pop. Todd Avery Shankar. Pulse, May 1989(?). (INCLUDES CROSLIN’S DESERT ISLAND DISCS AT THE TIME)
- The Reivers. Just Waco, Vol. 1, March 15, 1989 p2(2).
- Oh! Darling (unknown source, 1988?)
- Here’s The Reivers. Eric Flaum. The Bob, issue 33, June-July 1988 p18(2).
- the Reivers: Aiming for Understanding. Kris Nicholson. The Music Paper, Feb. 1988 p9(2).
- The Reivers: New Zeitgeist, Same Band. Michael Corcoran. Musician, no. 111, Jan. 1988 p10(1).
- The New Sincerity. Michael Corcoran. Spin, 1986.
- Life In A Rock Band (references to Zeitgeist). Rob Thomas. unknown publication, Oct. 1986. (PDF file)
- Bands to Watch 1986 (John Croslin’s picks). Matter, June 1986 (1).
- Excerpts from: Austin gripped by musical heat wave; Texas city boasts one of the country’s most active and diverse scenes. Steve Pond. Rolling Stone, Oct 10, 1985 p9(3).
- Excerpt from: Small-time rockers on a roll. (new rock groups) Michael Goldberg, Eliza Wing and Peter Standish. Rolling Stone, Sept. 26, 1985 p85(4).